You are already booked for your fabulous safari trip to South Africa and of course you’re excited! Now that your accommodations in South Africa and plane tickets are taken care of, it’s time to focus on another important factor: your wardrobe. Since you will be outdoors, it’s imperative that you pack correctly and make sure that you will feel comfortable and look great for those safari pictures!
Check out these essential tips that every safari traveler should know:
- Wear neutral colors to blend in with the surroundings. Browns, greens, and khakis are recommended. Look for clothes with light and breathable fabrics, which produce minimal noise during movement.
- Clothes with bright colors and loud patterns can scare off wildlife. Avoid camouflage because there are some areas that only allow this pattern for military personnel.
- Avoid white clothing during daytime for practical purposes, unless you don’t mind looking dirty and dusty during your trip.
- Wear clothes in layers. The temperature will depend on the time of the year and your location, but generally it’s going to be cool in the morning, become scorching hot during the afternoon, and turn cold at nighttime. Wearing layers means you can easily take off or put on clothes to suit the temperature.
- Protect your arms and neck from the sun by wearing long-sleeved shirts with airy fabric
Wear a hat to protect your head and face from the sun
- A pair of combat trousers will give you comfort due to its relaxed fit and convenience due to its numerous pockets where you can store essentials such as camera, binoculars, and sunscreen.
- Don a pair of trainers so you can climb and walk comfortably in any terrain
- Choose sunglasses with polarized lens to protect your eyes from harmful rays and still let you see everything perfectly
- Wear light-colored clothes for evening drives or meals. Light colors do not attract mosquitoes.
If a luxury safari camp is what you’re looking for, there’s no place better than Tangala Safari Camp, which is in the heart of the world renowned Thornybush big 5 Game Reserve bordering the Greater Kruger. With majestic views of the Drakensberg Mountain Range, eco-friendly camp with superb accommodations, first-rate service, and exciting game drives, you will surely get the best safari vacation experience that you deserve.
Feel one with nature by staying at their off-the-grid accommodations, which run on solar power and natural gas. Their chalets and luxury tents are equipped with soft beds with mosquito nets and ensuite bathrooms.
Get close to the Big 5 in all their majestic glory with their safe and exciting safari game drives.
Tired and parched from the drive? Enjoy a refreshing drink at their lounge and dining area or take an invigorating dip in the swimming pool.
For a lot of people, safari vacations are a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Make yours something for the books by staying at Tangala Safari Camp. For safe and hassle-free booking, reserve direct at http://tangalasafaricamp.co.za/. You can also visit their Facebook page for more information.