Let’s say you’re done scouring the World Wide Web for the most affordable Boracay rates packages. Whether you’re having a first-ever getaway or a return visit to the Philippines, it will pay to know a few things about the world-famous island destination.
With its smooth, powdery white sand and inviting blue waters, Boracay is understandably a must-visit destination. However, many people choose to go to the paradise without knowing a thing about it, resulting to a holiday not well-spent. So if you’re planning on visiting Boracay anytime soon, then bring this list with you. With it, you’ll get to know the island before you even get there.
1. From Manila, you have to travel 300 km to the south in order to reach the island. It is also only a few minutes away from the northwestern tip of Panay.
2. Its heavenly stretch of white sand that attracts visitors year-round is 7 km long, and its narrowest area is 1 km wide. Because of this size, it is able to welcome thousands of travelers who want to have a taste of its world-famous tropical setting.
3. The easiest way to enter the island is by hopping on a domestic flight to Godofredo P. Ramos Airport, more popularly known as Caticlan Airport.
Among the airlines you may choose from are Cebu Pacific, Airphil Express, and Philippine Airlines. From the province’s airport, you have to ride an outrigger boat to Boracay’s jetty port in Cagban. Then, a short travel by land will take you to your Boracay accommodation.
4. Another way to get in is by taking a bus that utilizes the Strong Republic Nautical Highway. With this fairly recent development, vessels are used to transport buses and other types of land vehicles from shore to shore.
5. When already in Boracay, you may choose to ride motorbikes, tricycles, and pedicabs to explore the surroundings. Boats are also available for island hopping, an activity that continues to give fame to Boracay tourism. Several hotels in the island, like Fairways & Bluewater Newcoast Boracay, offer transfers and free shuttle service. You may check out Fairways Boracay rates here.
6. The months of March to June comprise the hot season in the Philippines, and it is when temperatures range from 28 to 38 degrees Celsius. The island tends to be more crowded during the annual summer break in the country than most parts of the year.
7. If you don’t want to be stuck on the beach during the rainy season, stay away from the months of July to October.
There are people who choose to book Boracay accommodations from November to February. It’s because the weather isn’t too hot nor too cold, and only ranges from 25 to 32 degrees Celsius. The beaches are usually less crowded as well, which makes island vacations held during these months less stressful. Surely, your Boracay rates packages will be worth it.