Some hotel accommodations in Cancun do not come cheap and this is why guests feel the need to “maximize the experience” everytime they check in. While it’s true that as a guest, you are entitled to certain privileges during your stay, it’s still not an excuse to be the guest of housekeeping staff’s nightmares.
Hotel housekeepers have seen it all – those who party real hard and threw up all over the carpeting, guests who let animals in a pet-free accommodations, those who store used condoms in coffee pots – you get the idea. No matter how much you paid for your room, you should always exercise etiquette during your stay, even if you are not prone to rockstar-thrashing-the-room kind of behavior.
Here are some tips to be a housekeeping-friendly guest:
- Clear the bed of clothes and bags before housekeeping makes your bed. They don’t want to touch personal stuff as much as possible, so you will make it easy for them to fix the bed when your stuff is placed on the desk or side chairs.
- Clear the floor of shoes and other stuff as much as possible. Store your items in one area of the room or in your wardrobe. This will make it easier for housekeepers to vacuum the floor.
- Place the stuff you want to dispose off in the garbage bins. Housekeepers will not move items that are not in the bins. So even if it’s obvious that your candy wrapper is meant to be trashed, they wouldn’t place it there themselves.
- Dispose tea leaves properly. Put them in the garbage bin and don’t flush them down the toilet. Tea leaves can cause clogging.
- Make good use of the towels. If you only used it once, you can use it again instead of getting a fresh one. Hang the used towel so the housekeeper will leave it alone. If you do want your towels changed, place them in the shower or bathtub.
- Make good use of bathroom amenities. Refrain from opening multiple bars of soaps if one will suffice. Same goes for shampoo, body wash, and toothpaste. If you’re not planning to take the bars and bottles home, it’s better to not waste the free stuff, which can be used by other guests.
- Sometimes you don’t really need your room to be cleaned, especially if you’re staying for just a night or two. Give the housekeeper a break by hanging the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door, which signifies that you don’t require your room to be cleaned.
Of course, a hotel is only as good as the people who manage it. If you’re looking for a hotel in Isla Mujeres with excellent staff and great accommodations, look no further than Hotel Casa Maya. Located at Boulevard Kukulcan, Hotel Casa Maya boasts of elegant and homey rooms with magnificent views of the Caribbean, making it one of the best places to stay when in Cancun.
Space and comfort are very much evident in our accommodations in Cancun, which are equipped with amenities such as cable TV, Wi-Fi Internet access, private toilet and bath, safe, dressing room, and hair dryer. Some of the rooms have kitchens and dining area.
The stunning view of the ocean and fine beach sand serve as perfect backdrop to enjoy the stellar service from our bilingual staff. Enjoy the use of first class amenities including the swimming pool and jacuzzi, Beach Club for beach activities and water sports, and Lobby Bar for refreshing drinks and cocktails.
Hotel Casa Maya has several restaurants: Restaurante La Veranda for breakfast and international buffet; Las Brisas Restaurant for Mexican, international, and seafood dishes; Super Maya for delicatessen and coffee; and Coco Loco for appetizing drinks and snacks.
This hotel in Cancun is known for being a tropical haven for leisure and business travelers, thanks to its wonderful location. Situated right by the beach in Cancun, Hotel Casa Maya is the perfect spot for those who want to be just a few steps away from the beach and also close to other places of interest in the area like a shopping mall, gaming facility, golf course, and dining and night life options.
First time in Cancun? Check out these 5 travel tips so you can enjoy your getaway without worries.
Pay less for an extraordinary experience in Cancun. You can visit the hotel website for direct reservations and inquiries.