Palawan, the largest island province in the Philippines was recently named ‘World’s Best Island For Beaches & Natural Attractions’ by Travel + Leisure. This popular holiday destination beat out other world-famous places such as Galapogos (2nd), Maldives (5th), and Bora-Bora (8th). While Boracay Island, another fan favorite in the Philippines, made it to the 10th spot.
There are many reasons to fly to Palawan, but the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is the biggest reason of all. One of the longest underground rivers in the world (approx. 5 miles), it was recently declared as one of the New Seven Wonders of the Natural World. It will take you through an awe-inspiring cave system where you can see limestone and other rock formations from millions of years ago. You could also visit San Vicente, Coron, and Busuanga, if you want to see the best beaches, rivers, and lagoons.
Puerto Princesa, the capital city, is just an hour-and-15-minute flight away from Manila. From the international airport, you can already see lots of hotels and other accommodation types where you can get an enjoyable and convenient stay.
- Corto del Mar Hotel is the newest hotel to open its gates in the small fishing town of Coron, Palawan in the Philippines.
- Coron Soleil Garden Resort – offers fine comforts with premium amenities and facilities for the leisure traveler.
- Coron Soleil Express – perfect for the budget-conscious traveler who wants convenience and comfort sans the excessive frills.
Boracay Island is always included in the lists of the top beaches in the world and a favorite among local and international celebrities who love to sneak off for quick getaways. The white sand and azure waters are more than enough reasons to fly in, but you’ll also get a thriving night life experience and probably the best sunset in this part of the world.
Boracay is filled with top-rated hotels and you will never run out of options:
- Asya Premier Suites Boracay – an exclusive 5-star experience in a secluded and romantic setting.
- Cocoloco Boracay Beach Resort – peaceful and well-appointed beachfront property.
- Willy’s Beach Hotel – guarantees convenience and luxury at very reasonable rates.
- Lingganay Boracay Hotel & Resort – sanctuary for those who wish to enjoy the sea and sand in the most leisurely manner.
- LIME Hotel Boracay – a hip and vibrant hotel that puts a new twist in the Boracay Island we all know and love.
- Boracay West Cove – for couples and adventurous travelers who want to experience the quiet luxury of a romantic getaway destination.
- Golden Phoenix Hotel Boracay – indulge in the charming beauty of nature and enjoy in a lot of fun adventures.
- The Beach House Boracay – comfort, convenience, and safety minus the exorbitant rates.
- Agos Boracay Rooms + Beds – offers the practicality of an apartment hotel and the familiar ambience of a guesthouse.
- Boracay Holiday Resort – budget-friendly place for couples or friends seeking a warm accommodation.
Here is the full list of T+L’s ‘World’s Best Island For Beaches & Natural Attractions:
- Palawan, Philippines
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
- Kauai, Hawaii
- Maui, Hawaii
- Exuma, Bahamas
- Bora-Bora, French Polynesia
- Mount Desert Island, Maine
- Boracay, Philippines