While primarily famous for the Chocolate Hills and tarsier population, Bohol has a lot more to offer. The enchanting Loboc River, beach resorts in Bohol, dive spots, churches, and wildlife sanctuaries are just some of the things travelers can look forward to during their visit.
1. Experience a rare kind of serenity at Loboc River Resort. Nestled along the banks of the pristine river, this alluring hotel presents a laid-back holiday at a very reasonable cost. Its native-designed accommodations are complete with amenities that will leave you satisfied.
Apart from the usual facilities like a restaurant and pool, Loboc River Resort offers stand up paddle board tours that will surely unleash the adventurous side of you.
2. Located in the municipality of Maribojoc, Punta Watch Tower is an interesting site you need to check out. It was originally created as a lookout against pirates. From its top window, you will enjoy a view of the neighboring provinces of Siquijor and Cebu, as well as some parts of Mindanao.
3. Found in the southern part of Panglao Island is the Habagat Wreck. This dive site is an exciting spot for beginners because they can easily reach the wreck that sunk around the year 2000. Aside from the wreck, there’s also an S-shaped wall and a slope of corals beneath where you can test your diving and underwater photography skills.
4. Speaking of natural underwater beauty, Balicasag Island is also great for snorkeling and diving. Most Bohol resort packages offer guided trips here.
5. Also in Panglao, Hinagdanan Cave is a naturally lighted limestone cavern that features a deep lagoon and many large stalactites and stalagmites.
6. A 3-hour drive from Loboc will lead you to the town of Candijay. This is home to Can-umantad, the highest waterfalls in Bohol. The main cascade, which is 60 feet tall, is set against large rocky structures divided into three layers which present a view of how water flows from the top to the cascade’s shallow basin. You can also see a smaller cascade, the waters of which fills a small, clean pool where you can take an ultra relaxing dip.
7. For history lovers, the Blood Compact Shrine in Tagbilaran City should be included in their must-visit list. It commemorates the historic pact between Filipinos and Spaniards when explorer Miguel Lopez de Legazpi and then Bohol chieftain Datu Sikatuna slit their wrists and dropped blood in wine. This ritual is locally known as “Sandugo”, which means “one blood”.
8. Just 6 km from Tagbilaran, the fully restored Baclayon Church is also a destination not to miss if you love history and culture. It is said to be the second oldest stone church in the Philippines. Religious relics dating back to the 16th century can be viewed inside the church.
9. If you are up for it, there’s also a Python Sanctuary in the municipality of Alburquerque. This place is home to the world’s largest and heaviest python in captivity. ‘Prony’ as it is called by the locals, is estimated to be weighting at 270 kg and is approximately 28 ft in length.
24Seven pro tip: Take advantage of Loboc River Resort’s Romance Package. For as low as PHP 5,999, you’ll get to enjoy a 3-days and 2-nights stay for 2. Promo is inclusive of a king bed set-up with flower petals upon arrival, daily breakfast, and complimentary glasses of wine. This special offer of Loboc River Resort in Bohol is exclusively available at https://www.lobocriverresort.com/offers.